- Virtual Simulation Systems
- Address: 4/12 Shearwater Drive, Taylors Beach NSW 2316
- Phone: +61 2 4919 0033
- Fax: +61 2 4919 0206
- Email: email@example.com
Established by David Lagettie, founder of the popular VBS series of military simulation software (VBS1/VBS2), Virtual Simulation Systems is a ground breaking company developing new and custom solutions to military or civilian simulation needs. We offer an innovative range of products in the synthetic training realm and are constantly developing new technologies to meet cost-effective outcomes.
VSS designs and builds custom simulators, full procedural or part task trainers, and replica weapons to suit any needs and any budget. From vehicles to aircraft, virtual marshalling to JTAC devices, projection domes to helmet mounted displays, we can provide an affordable service and bespoke workmanship. VSS also specialises in custom software, terrain and 3D model development for military and civilian customers.
An Australian small company, VSS simulators have been commissioned by the Australian Defence Force (since 2007), UK Ministry of Defence (since 2010), European Defence Agency (starting 2011) and US Army (starting 2011). VSS is also an approved supplier to major defence contractors such as Thales, Raytheon and Selex Galileo.
- Low-cost immersive simulator for sniper and forward observer training, consisting of virtual scope attachment, virtual rangefinding binoculars and projection dome. Runs with VBS2 software engine.
- Train complex scenarios in any environment
- Savings in ammunition and other resources
- Mission rehearsal use, develop battlefield patter
The product is available now (COTS). JTAC expansion under development.
- Base unit
- Upgrade options available (replica NVG, etc)
Custom modifications of software and hardware
- Used by Australian Special Forces
- Reference: Gareth Collier