- Hastings Deering (Australia) Ltd
- Contact: Guy Gibson
- Address: Kerry Road, Archerfield Qld 4108
- Phone: +61 131 228
- Fax: +61 7 3365 9420
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hastings Deering Institute of Technology (HDIT) supplies and installs non-motion base Cat simulators.
- Cat heavy equipment simulators deliver dynamic training technology and outstanding safety results through the power of state-of-the-art virtual training.
- Cat Simulator training provides a way for operators to understand and become familiar with machine controls, and learn proper operating procedures before training on actual machines.
- Trainees can practice difficult manoeuvers until fully mastered in the safety of the simulated environment. Virtual environments are modelled after real world worksites.
- Each training exercise measures and records the operator’s simulation sessions so instructors, administrators and the trainee can see the results. Instructors can identify inefficiencies or weaknesses so the operator can focus on training to correct or strengthen these areas.
- Trainees progress from entry-level control orientation through complex operator exercises. Instant feedback measures improvement.
- Training simulators can help businesses dramatically lower costs; address initiatives such as safety and production; while ensuring training can be delivered anytime day or night, regardless of weather conditions. The simulated environment affords a safe place to learn without harm to the jobsite, machines or personnel.
- The use of Cat simulators can make a demonstrable contribution to an employees’ professional development and productivity, maximising the return on your investment in earthmoving equipment.
- Cat simulators are available for a range of Caterpillar machines: Mining Off-Highway Truck, Medium Off-Highway Truck, Hydraulic Excavator, M Series Motor Grader, Small/Large Wheel Loader, Tractor Scraper, Track Type Tractor.
- Watch the Cat Simulator video http://youtu.be/FKKiHgdYQ6A
- Realistic controls and tools. Controls, buttons, levers, etc. replicate actual equipment and tool components used in real-world applications in order to provide an authentic interface for the user.
- Real-Time Feedback. The system provides real-time feedback to the user when mistakes are made and potential hazards are encountered.
- Performance. Modelling of equipment, tools or procedures are based on actual equipment data to provide realistic responses to the trainee and interaction with the environment.
- Scoring Metrics. The score in each training exercise will be generated based on time, productivity, equipment/tool damage, and exercise success. The simulation tracks/reports numerous metrics and generates user scores based on performance.
- Practice & Exam Modes. Systems include a Practice mode that allows the user to practice without a permanent score. The instructor can utilise the records management software to activate the Exam mode.
- Training Exercises. Each simulation features training exercises that allow the user to gain familiarisation of techniques and to perform exercises associated with actual processes and applications. These include operator skills such as machine walkaround, controls familiarisation, truck loading etc.
- Realistic Virtual Environment. Simulations have a realistic virtual environment including high fidelity visual system, depth cues and audio cues associated with the actual equipment, tools or objects in the environment.
- Safety. The system includes many opportunities for the user to learn safety procedures. Instructors can emphasise desired results to the user and the simulation can track and measure numerous safety violations during training exercises.
- By uniting simulated mining applications and conditions with realistic controls, Cat Simulators provide hands-on learning in a safe and economical way to enhance traditional operator training programs.
- Resource industry
- Civil construction
- Local government
- Caterpillar Inc – the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment
- Simformation LLC – sole licensee for Cat Simulators and a leader in heavy equipment simulator training solutions
- Simformation named 2011 Top Simulation & Training Company by Military Training Technology magazine